Today’s post is a quick one – I want to run through another fast exercise with you.
Grab a piece of paper and a pen and write down your answers. I’m going to give you a few different scenarios that have led to relapses in my experience. I want you to rate them on a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 being no risk of relapse and 10 being 100% certain that you’ll relapse over it.
- After a fight with a significant other
- Drinking or using other substances while going out with friends
- Being criticized at work
- Watching a movie or TV show that involves one of your behaviors
- Communicating with a woman whom you’re attracted to but haven’t had sex with
- Experiencing significant stress at work or at homme
- Feeling bored during the day
Again, I want you to rate each of these on a scale of 0 to 10 and look at your answers. It’s easy to tell yourself that you can get through any situation you’re going to come up against. Actually following through on that is something else entirely.
Most of these situations will happen at one point or another, and many of them more than once. This is why it’s important for you to be proactive with your relapse prevention plan. You’re going to come up against all sorts of difficult experiences in life and they’ll put your recovery at risk if you aren’t ready.
Doing these quick self-reflective exercises on a consistent basis is part of building a strong foundation for your reboot. Don’t underestimate the power these quick assignments can have. Along with surrounding yourself with support in the Porn Reboot Facebook group, completing these exercises will make a massive difference in your reboot!