I recently wrote about the importance of motion over emotion.
If you want to be successful, you have to put your emotions to the side and take action in your reboot. Before you can take action, though, you need to know which direction you’re going to move in. You must determine your direction before you take too much action.
If you’re not heading in the right direction, you can take all the action in the world and still end up in the wrong place. You’re not alone if you don’t feel clear about the direction you’re headed, especially when you’re new to ending your out-of-control behavior. But it’s something you need to address before you get too far.
Moving in the right direction requires you to reflect on what you’re currently doing. When you join the Porn Reboot program, you have what we call a Reboot Blueprint call. We use this call to learn more about you and customize your program to fit your long-term reboot goals. I ask a list of questions and we talk through them to determine the best direction for you.
Today I want to ask you those questions as if you were on a Reboot Blueprint call with me. I want you to respond to these questions with the idea that the path you’re currently on is not going to change at all for the next 12 months. It’s going to help you determine whether you’re heading in the right direction or if you need to adjust your course a bit.
I don’t want you to answer these questions in your head. I want you to take out a pen and paper or open up the notes app on your phone and write your responses out. You need to consider whether the path you’re on is going to get you where you want to be. Writing out your responses will let you dive deeper into your answers.
If you keep doing exactly what you are doing right now to end your behavior with pornography and masturbation, 12 months from today…
1. What is your mindset going to look like?
2. Where are you going to be?
3. How is your physical and emotional health going to be?
4. Will you have deeper intimacy with your partner?
5. Will you have invested in your family legacy?
6. Are you going to be doing your best work?
7. If you’re in a leadership position, are you better positioned to serve and leverage influence?
8. Will you be closer to your dreams?
9. Are you going to be more of the person that you intend to be?
10. Would you be happy and delighted to meet yourself 12 months from today?
If you keep doing the things that you’re currently doing, this determines your destination every single time. The action you take can make or break your entire reboot process. I recommend you take some time to sit with and ponder the above questions to determine whether you’re heading in a direction you’re proud of.